1. I have a very limited budget, but I have jars and the produce, so its way cheaper
2. I believe in having at least a year supply but being newly married, this is one way I can do it with little cost
3. I don't like that the Govt gets to regulate whats in my food, that's my job
4. I always make sure to can extras to give as gifts, everyone here loves getting jam and pickles for Christmas
5. Any extras after that can be taken to the farmers market to sell, and make me money for more canning supplies.
I'm still working on this list. What are your favorite reasons to can or store food?